Skip to main content
- Be authentic. If you're passionate about donuts then make a show about donuts! mmmm donuts
- You don't need a studio, your phone will be enough to try out your idea.
- Mix it up. No 45 minute monologues.
- Mix different voices and different ambient sounds. I'm sitting in a park and the birds are chirping. Capture the distinct sound of where you record.
- Edit. You could use various paid for audio editing software or a simple free app. Google options but record more than you end up using. Editing is where the magic happens.
- Think about your desired audience. Your show can be daily and 3 minutes long with people consuming it on Twitter or Facebook. Or it can be 25 minutes long and aimed at the caffeine deprived commuter.
- Time. Podquest is about uncovering new innovative voices and audiences that aren't already listening to podcasts. So think 5 to 25 minutes not 60 to 90.
- Think season. Committing to a daily or weekly show is a big commitment. Don't be afraid of thinking about a season of 6 episodes, gathering feedback and growing from there.
- Have fun!